The grounds of the Greyfriars Monastery in Dundee, Given to the Town by Mary Queen of Scots to use as a burial ground
Thousands of Dundonians were buried here from the 16th to the 19th Century
The Details of the Charter from Mary Queen of Scots giving the grounds to the Town of Dundee
Mortcloths were used to cover the coffins on the way to the Howff for burial.
A selection of Photographs showing the graveyad
Logie graveyard on the Lochee Road, used in the 19th Century for Smallpox victims.
The Old graveyard on the Broughty Ferry Road, used by the residents of Craigie, and for any Sailors burials off ships coming into the Tay.
A former private Cemetery on the Perth Road in Dundee, many famous Dundee citizens are buried there.
The original old Seamans Graveyard in Fisher Street, Broughty Ferry
Mariners Burials. From the Mariners & Seamans Account Book, 1657-1696