FRANK HENDERSON, LEATHER MERCHANT, WAS ADMITTED BURGESS IN RIGHT OF HIS FATHER, HENRY HENDERSON, LEATHER MERCHANT, BURGESS OF DUNDEE.
FRANK HENDERSON, formerly Member of Parliament for Dundee, was born in the burgh in 1836, and succeeded to the business which his father, the late HENRY HENDERSON, had established. In 1868 he entered the Town Council, and he served as Councillor with great acceptance for over eleven years. During this period the principal work upon which he was engaged was the arrangement and execution of the Improvement Scheme for the opening up of new streets and the erection of elegant buildings within the burgh, by which the appearance of the town has been much improved.
A large portion of this work was carried out under Mr HENDERSON'S supervision. On 6th May, 1880, a meeting of the Town Council was held, at which a letter from Mr HFNDERSON was read, intimating his resignation as a Councillor in consequence of his election as Member of Parliament for Dundee. He continued to represent the burgh in Parliament till the dissolution in 1885, at which time he did not offer himself for re election. Since then he has not been engaged in any public office.